Last night I’ve released a new version of Ephemera, my 2-way Instapaper /ebook-reader sync tool for Mac.
Here’s what’s new:
- NEW: The app runs on both 32 and 64 bit Snow Leopard now.
- NEW: When auto-sync is enabled and you plug in your reading device, Ephemera will show a “Going to sync…” dialog for 5 seconds, where you can temporarily disable syncing.
- NEW: Support for password-less Instapaper accounts.
- FIX: Preferences menu item will be correctly disabled during sync.
- FIX: Multiple concurrent syncs will not stall anymore.
- PLEASE NOTE: Involuntary archiving of all your unread articles at each sync will happen if you’ve set your Instapaper account to automatic archiving. See this support thread for how to change said Instapaper setting.
I’m especially happy about the 32 bit compatibility. Turns out I’ve managed to dig up an issue in MacRuby 0.5. Thanks to Thibault and the rest of the MR crew for hunting it down and fixing it. Hat tip, guys. :)
If you’re using Ephemera already, its auto-updater will pop up soon enough. If not, go take a look.
If you like Ephemera, feel free to spread the word (there’s a little “Share” widget on the site), or tell IUseThis how you feel about the app. Thanks!